Things I’ve learned during my college search:
1. Most college guys are attractive.
2. Most dorms are going to feel small no matter how big they
3. Most colleges have mock dorms made to look like some kid lives
in it year round, it is kinda creepy.
4. I like environmentally conscience colleges.
5. Some colleges have dorms without air conditioning.
6. It helps if you know what you want to be so you can look at
colleges with that major. (Easier said than done.)
7. You can’t pick a college just on what they give you, even
if they give you a ton of t-shirts and bags to take home.
8. Going to a college just because it has awesome cookies
isn’t a good enough reason.
9. You will care about the girl to boy ratio.
10. A lot of college students play bingo, I’m not joking.
11. Money is SUPER IMPORTANT, so get as many scholarships as
12. Most colleges have their own gyms.
13. I have my heart set on studying abroad, so I’m going to
save my money and commute.
14. When you are being interviewed by admissions, you need to
remember that you are also interviewing them. So ask questions!
15. Get everything out of your tour, make sure they don’t
skip something that is really important to you.
16. Questions, questions and more questions.
17. Financial aid is your best friend. Colleges track you.
18. I mean you so much as look at their website, you’ll be
getting contacted by them just because you looked them up.
19. You’ll hear a lot from far away colleges, they get more
money from kids outside of their state or continent.
20. Start applications as soon as possible!
21. Have fun! You don't need to commit to the first college you
22. You'll feel intimidated and overwhelmed, but that is
normal, especially because it is a major life changing decision.