The Butterfly Project:
The Rules are:
1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen, or
sharpies and draw a butterfly on your arm or
2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really
wants you to get better.
3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it
4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you’ve killed it.
If you dont cut, it lives.
5. If you have more than one butterfly, cutting kills all of
6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra
special. Take good care of them.
7. Even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly
anyways, to show your support. If you do this, name it after
someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell
them. It could help.