How to get ahead in
life -For everyone.
1. Don’t pay too much attention to the way you feel.
Feelings change throughout the day and they are unreliable.
Don’t let them rule your life, or interfere with your
2. Decide not to worry as it tends to make things worse. If you
focus on your worries it will drain your energy – and often
what we’re dreading doesn’t happen anyway.
3. Cut the internal commentary. Stop telling yourself that things
are going to fall apart, or your efforts won’t succeed, or
you won’t be popular. Keep trying, moving forwards, and
getting on with life.
4. Stop being self-critical. You need to be your own cheerleader
and your biggest fan in life. Note progress, perseverance,
attitude and inner strength. Be affirming, kind, believing and
coach towards success.
5. Stop feeling guilty. Feeling guilty changes nothing. You are
going to make mistakes. Accept you aren’t perfect - then
get up and try again.
6. Stop worrying about what others think of you. At the end of
the day it doesn’t matter what they think. Choose your own
goals for your life – you’re not accountable to
7. Don’t worry about set backs or changes to your plans.
Plans always need adjusting and things always go wrong –
but that doesn’t mean “it’s over” or
you’ll never reach your goals. Expect to make some changes
– just be adaptable.