What happened when prayer was taken out of school...? Group A:
What happened when prayer was taken out of school...?
Group A: Young People
1. For 15 years before 1963 pregnancies in girls ages 15 through
19 years had been no more than 15 per thousand After 1963
pregnancies increased 187% in the next 15 years.
2. For younger girls, ages 10 to 14 years, pregnancies since 1963
are up 553%.
3. Before 1963 sexually transmitted diseases among students were
400 per 100,000. Since 1963, they were up 226% in the next
Group B: The Family
1. Before 1963 divorce rates had been declining for 15 years.
After 1963 divorces increased 300% each year for the next 15
2. Since 1963 unmarried people living together is up 353%
3. Since 1963 single parent families are up 140%.
4. Since 1963 single parent families with children are up
Group C: Education
1. The educational standard of measure has been the SAT scores.
SAT scores had been steady for many years before 1963. From 1963
they rapidly declined for 18 consecutive years, even though the
same test has been used since 1941.
2. In 1974-75 the rate of decline of the SAT scores decreased,
even though they continued to decline. That was when there was an
explosion of private religious schools. There were only 1000
Christian schools in 1965. Between 1974 to 1984 they increased to
a. That could have an impact if the private schools had higher
SAT scores. In checking with the SAT Board it was found that
indeed the SAT scores for private schools were nearly 100 points
higher than public schools.
b. In fact the scores were at the point where the public schools
had been before their decline started in 1963 when prayer and
Bible reading/instruction was removed from the schools.
c. The scores in the public schools were still declining.
Group D: The Nation
1. Since 1963 violent crime has increased 544%.
3. Illegal drugs have become an enormous & uncontrollable
2. The nation has been deprived of an estimated 30 million
citizens through legal abortions just since 1973.